Thursday 13 January 2011

Eaten by Fish

 I took a trip down to Camden town. Camden town is one of London many popular open aired and indoor  market stalls, it has lots of alternative retro clothes, vintage stores, on trend fashion shops, jewellery stores, food from all over the world and there is so much more to see. Camden town is a  great place full of diversity.
I decided to venture out and try the fish pedicure I feel a little squeamish about the whole thing but excited at the same time  can't wait to see what it's all about . After about an hour wondering around looking for the place I eventually came across the small shop front. Which was good as I was just about to chicken out.






Wonga fish spa is an open planned shop with maybe 8 large fish tanks umm fish bowls, pedicure bowl, fish pedicure bowl not really sure what to called them but I'm sure you get the idea. I curiously looked at these small fish swimming around looking  for their next feed. Which was gonna be me..now slightly peeing my pants lol... 














I  was handed a warm wet towel to wipe my feet down before I could put my feet in. I took a deep breath as I plunge one of my foot into the tank, I froze as I saw all these excited looking fish swarm to my foot. Oh god !!


A while after the  friendly shop assistant came up and said it does work better if you put 2 feet in.  I bravely put my other foot in and watched them scatter around my other foot.  


It was quite relaxing after you forget you have a load of fish eating and nibble your dead skin slightly feels like  mini bubbles. 15 Min's later it was time take my feet out. To my surprise my feet  definitely felt softer and smoother. 
























  The fish: toothless Garra rufa fish Originally from southern Turkey and northern Syria, for centuries Garra Rufa, have been known for treating skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema and for there exfoliating abilities to softening and cleansing the skin. 










7 comments:

  1. Nice Post...I would have been crying if I saw fish on my feet. lol. Have a great day. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! found your blog through beautylish. Wow! I've never heard of this type of feet treatment before, that's crazy. I have a hear of fish touching me but for some crazy reason I sort of want to try it.

    Are you from London? I live in California and I'm studying abroad this fall semester to London, I'm very excited.

    Stop by my blog sometime,

    beautyforthought.com

    - Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! you are so brave....
    www.cocoandolive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I would've been scared at first too.. lol
    I would love to try that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg omg omg

    Can't believe you actually did that, I would be wayyy too scared ha sounds silly really cause their like soo small in comparison to us haaa

    They have them in Selfridges but I just couldnt bring myself to do it, what was it like lol? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying to get the courage up to go and do one of these...I first saw it on Ugly Betty and now I'm really curious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU SHOUL DEFO TRY IT.. ITS GOOD FUN.. YOUR FEET ALSO DO FEEL SMOOTH AFTERWARDS.. LET ME IF YOU GET ONE DONE. XX

    ReplyDelete

DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way affiliated with any products mentioned, shown or used threw out . All products that I may have mentioned were bought by myself All comments and statements are of my OWN and are in no way intended to offend any persons or company, This blog was done for the enjoyment and educational purposes